Maîtres Cuisiniers de France meet for the first time at Riviera Maya
The Annual Congress of Maîtres Cuisiniers de France and Académie Culinaire de France is taking place from June 17-21 and Luxury All Inclusive Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the main hosts.
Held this year for the first time in Mexico, this grand event presents the best chefs of France, the United States, Canada and Mexico. Its conferences discuss culinary trends (mainly in France) and seek to achieve community goals such as culinary education. In addition, the Congress names The Best Chef of the Year.
This is also the perfect occasion to display the gastronomic riches of Mexico; an initiative by Michel Mustière, Executive Chef of Grand Velas Riviera Maya, who along with Chef Philippe Fournier – both Maîtres Cuisiniers de France – is hosting the Congress.
The chefs participating in the Congress are:
- Christian Têtedoie: World President of Maîtres Cuisiniers de France.
- Fabrice Prochasson: World President of the Académie Culinaire de France.
- Jean Louis Dumonet: President of the Maîtres Cuisiniers de France in the US/Canada.
- Olivier Dubreuil: Executive Chef of the Venetian and Palazzo Hotels in Las Vegas.
- Claude Le-Tohic: Recipient of 22 Michelin stars and the culinary title of “Meilleur Ouvrier de France”.
- Daniel Boulud: Chef Owner of restaurant Daniel and the Dinex Group.
- Eric Rupert: Recipient of three Michelin stars for his restaurant Le Bernardin in New York.
- Guillaume Gomez: Carries the maximum culinary title of “Meilleur Ouvrier de France”.
- Jérôme Ferrer: Recipient of three Michelin stars for his restaurant Ópera en Montreal.
- Jean Louis Gerin: President of the Académie Culinaire de France in the US/Canada.
- Steve Benjamin: Executive Chef of L’Atelier by Joël Robuchon at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
One of the hosts receiving this list of distinguished personalities is Grand Velas Riviera Maya, awarded with the highest recognition of Five Diamonds by the AAA for its impressive natural scenery, allowing chefs and foodies to forever carry a piece of Mexico in their hearts.
This isn’t the first time this luxury resort hosts an event of this magnitude; in 2015, it received the leading chefs of “The Best of France”, also members of the Maîtres Cuisiniers de France. You can view the experience here:
In 2016 the resort also hosted Best of Mexico, with chefs of international renown including Mikel Alonso, Ricardo de la Vega, Alejandro Heredia, Francisco Ruano, Zahie Téllez, Carlos Gaytán and many others.
This year we’ll surely be surprised once again with Best Of – which country will be chosen?
To learn more about the resort, visit: